I have been a lazy and disgruntled wife lately. And I'm blaming it on the short daytime & the cold weather.
We are in Winter. It gets dark around 4pm and temperature has been low around 5-10°C .
Well... actually it hasn't been as cold as last year's winter when it was actually snowing tonnes. This year, we haven't even seen a single drop of snowfall. But it's still like "staying in a refrigerator" as our friend puts it. And we still have to turn on the heater 24/7 in order to keep ourselves from shivering right at home.
It's the festive seasons and everyone is travelling home to visit families & friends. Alas, Mr Chua's homesickness sank in too late and by then, airtickets have become so overly priced that we gave up on the idea. I suggested CNY, but work precedes and my family is very likely coming over for a visit in March, so I guess we won't be back in SG at least until maybe end 2010?
Anyway, enough of the rambling... and back to what we've been busy with recently.
Christmas & New Year came & went speedily. We celebrated Christmas at Linda & Kevin's place this year and had lots of fried chicken wings, gyoza, chocolate, cookies & pasta. Gift exchange was fruitful. I got a digital clock - a reminder that I should be waking up earlier everyday. And Junyong got a set of glass bakeware - a sign that he should maybe help out in the kitchen more often? :p
We also dropped by Candy Cane Lane on Xmas eve this year. Neighbors in a short looping street in Seattle started putting up Christmas lights & decorations in their front yards as a tradition since 1949. It was a nice sight and pictures above shows a glimpse of the elaborate decorations.
Junyong had a few day's of leave to clear before New Year and I had originally suggested a weekend travel to San Francisco. I have always find it a pity that we never took advantage of the situation that we're in - being able to travel for short holidays to different US states at every chance we have & at very affordable domestic travel prices. But as usual, getting my husband to agree to travel is never an easy task.
In the end, the SFO- New Year weekend travel plan never did came true. But Junyong has promised me a trip to SFO at end Jan to make it up to me. I'm hoping the travel bug will bite him after this and I can blog more often about upcoming planned trips around US.
Sunday, 3 January 2010
Backdated Post: Merry Christmas 2009 & Happy New Year 2010!
Posted by
Junyong and Eve
at
4:11 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment