Wednesday, 18 May 2011

We are (technically) full term!

I confess. I've been afraid of pre-term labour. The thought of seeing my fragile premature baby in the NICU scares me.

So I have been trying to lie low for the past 2 weeks. Athough not on bedrest but on self-imposed home-confinement. Except for visits to the gynae office and weekend trips to catch a breather, run some errands & grocery shopping, I've been staying at home most of the time. I don't know how I did it while maintaining my sanity, but I'd managed.

We're 37 weeks today! So, baby is technically considered "full term" with a high likelihood that his lungs have matured to adjust to life outside mummy's womb! I am so glad that we've managed to come this far with only 2+ more weeks to go before his edd!

And daddy has been so looking forward to seeing our little one these days that 2 weeks ago, he's started to whisper to my tummy "baby, when is your birthday?" This made me so nervous and I kept replying on baby's behalf "Daddy, I'm gonna be a June baby!"

Right now, we're just hoping he puts on more weight.. as close to 3kg as possible is our goal. So, I've been trying to eat every 3 hrs, whether or not I'm hungry. Hopefully, most of my weight gain is going towards baby's fat-building.

I'm glad I'm laying low (with no pictures on the blog & no one is to tag a recent photo of me on FB ok!) so you wouldn't be able to see how fat I've become. But at the end of the day, it'll be all worth it!

Also, another great news is that my mum has made it to US! She travelled alone from Spore to US, despite the language barrier (fyi, she doesn't read English and speaks very limited English). It's her first solo trip out of Spore and the whole family has been so worried about the logistics of how it's gonna work out. Planning started months ago and yesterday when I saw her came out of the arrival elevator at Sea-Tac airport, you can imagine my relief! I am so proud and grateful to have such a noble & courageous mum!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salute to Auntie! - Zhihao

Anonymous said...

how heavy is matthew liao?

ash

Junyong and Eve said...

Thanks Zhihao! ^-^

Ash: he was abt 2.5kg @ about 36 weeks...

Alina said...

Me likey your post! Can't wait to see you guys!