While I was surfing through the various interesting halloween-theme online recipes, I came upon this mini chocolate eclairs recipe.
Seeing that I actually had all the ingredients at home, I decided to try it out. :)
My eclairs are not exactly made with the halloween theme in mind but I did use the Jack-O'-Lantern image-imprinted M&Ms! haha! Actually that was the only chocolate I could find at home. :p
I had difficult melting the M&Ms in the pot though (I think it's the sugar coating), so I added a little milk. It made a sizzling "Sssssssssssssss" sound and started to melt. Amazing...
Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with the eclairs. They looked and tasted rather nice. Though the custard filling was not sweet enough coz I only added 1/2 cup sugar instead of 3/4cup stated in the recipe. I ran out of sugar at home. :p
Happy Halloween!
3 comments:
shan,
can't melt chocolates directly in a pan cos the sugar will start burning first.
The trick is either add some shortening or cream.
The other alternative is to "steam" the chocolate. Place them in a bowl and steam the entire bowl. You can add some cream before you steam it so the chocolate will be creamy and not fudgy.
Keep it warm with a tealight so it can keep soft longer. :)
~ppdiary~
hoho! no wonder :p
silly me 误打误撞 actually manage to melt the M&Ms with a little milk. keke!
thanks for advice, jiejie!
wa shannn,
looks not bad leh!
yea to melt chocolate have to use "chocolate bath" lol and add some butter so after ur chocolate melts it will be shiny shiny!
come back must cook for us liao
Post a Comment