I loved 秋莲板面。 面粉粿 and ate it pretty often during lunch break when I was in Sg. I think it is a Hokkien dish... coz my mum would also cook it occasionally and I would always finish it up without a drop of soup left. :p
Sometime ago, my housemate Jingying also made Mee Hoon Kuey and treated both Junyong and me. It tasted great! And inspired me to try making it on my own too. :)
So, yesterday was a cold night (actually everyday is cold nowadays) and perfect for eating a bowl of handmade Mee Hoon Kuey in hot soup! I decided to try cooking it, partially also becoz I was getting abit sick of eating rice all the time. :/
Anyway, I was surprised how easy this fabulous dish could be actually pretty easy to cook. Just some flour, egg and water and the dough is ready to be flatten and peeled according to whatever shape you like and dumped into the boiling soup.
Add some veggie, meat and most importantly the egg (which is dear's fave ingredient in the whole dish) and it's ready to be served! Ofcoz, not forgetting to add ikan bilis and some fried shallots on top to enchance the taste.
Mmmmm~ HOCHIAK!
No comments:
Post a Comment