Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Reunion Dinner



All along, I was brought up with the mindset that reunion dinner must 有鱼、 有肉、 有虾。

So, when I called home this morning to wish my parents "Happy Chinese New Year" and my mum happened to ask me what will I be cooking for reunion dinner, I proudly replied her "有鱼、 有肉、 有虾。" And she knows that she has taught me well. LOL!


Anyway, I dont know how to give fancy names to my dishes, so here they are, done in 1.5hrs:

1) Roast Pork - This is my 2nd try. Meat is more flavorful compared to the 1st time coz I added quite alot of seasoning for marinating this time. But the skin is still not crispy enough! :/

2) Ngor Hiong - Did this for several times already. As usual, I didnt deep-fry them (for both health reasons & convenience :p), just roll, steam & dump them in the toaster and bake till crispy.

3) Spinach with prawns - Didnt want to cook too much dishes since there'e only 3 of us, so I combined veggie & prawns into 1 dish.

4) Teriyaki Salmon - This is the 1st time I'm cooking this dish! Am glad it turned out well. To get the teriyaki sauce, I used soy sauce, mirin & sugar and baked them in the oven. Easy peasy!

5) Hot wings - Not cooked by me. Dear bought this to 加料 coz we have been wanting to eat hot wings from KFC since it was advertised here. But for the past 2 times we went to buy, it's always out of stock. I think this is his fave dish out of all the dishes for the reunion dinner *rolls eyes*

No comments: