Junyong's employer holds a company picnic on a yearly basis. And I heard it has to be spread out over 3 days. Not surprising... given that there are over 35,000 employees in the Seattle area. I can imagine how troublesome that would be to handle the logistics of this event.
Anyway, the picnic was at this super big farm called Mountain Meadow farms, about 40minutes drive away from our home/Microsoft Redmond campus. And there are actually shuttle buses to drive employees and guests both to and fro the campus and the picnic venue. We had originally planned to take the shuttle but given that I need to go the Seattle Premium Outlets to do some shopping, we decided to drive on our own.
The picnic was a fun event for families. I'm guessing children would love to go there because of all the activities planned with them in mind. Games and all. For the adults, it was more of the unlimited amount of food and drinks available. It was like a carnival less the hateful part of having to pay for every single thing you wanted to eat. The hamburgers, sandwiches, yakisoba, beef ribs, grilled salmon, salad, potstickers, fries, fruits, ice-cream were all-you-can-eat!
And as you all know - my husband isnt the outdoor-loving type and I'm trying to be on a diet (for the wedding).... so our main purpose of going was to check out the place and not appear as "sua gu" when people ask us about details of dear's company picnic. I doubt we'll be going to the picnic again next year. :p
3 comments:
How's shopping in seattle premium outlet? Alot of dirt cheap clothes, shoes n bags to buy? We're planning to go to osage beach premium outlet on 1 aug, e tax holiday wkend. I'm planning to buy lots of stuff!
wah! that's quite a picnic! looks very nice. i love the mountains and blue sky!
gladys - shopping is pretty good! cheaper than the stores but not exactly dirt cheap. And may I suggest if you have a husband who dont enjoy shopping, then dont bring him along even if you need help with the shopping bags. lol
Ilane - yes! it was a really wonderful place to be. It was a little sunny that day but we could hide under the tents. :p
Post a Comment