Thursday, 24 July 2008

Mah-Jongg


Did you know that Americans play mahjong too? I never knew until I came here and even managed to take a picture of these ladies in action today.

Dont ask me what's the difference between chinese mahjong and angmoh mahjong. I dont exactly know. All I know is that they have those jokers tiles which they actually use. And if I'm not wrong, the joker tiles may be used as a substitute for any tile in a hand. So.... it sounds like chances of making "big" sets are easier.

And they actually place the tiles on a holder/stand as if they're playing Scrabble! LOL!

3 comments:

Hollywood Tai Tai said...

actually that is China-style mahjong. :)

Junyong and Eve said...

woah! the jokers? is it hong kong/ taiwan style??

Hollywood Tai Tai said...

ya, the jokers as wild card and the scrabble-like way of placing the tiles are all china-style. :)