Sunday, 19 October 2008

Honeymoon Day 4 @ Hakone

Day 4 - 26/9/08

Took a one-day trip out of Tokyo to Hakone, in hope of being able to see beautiful natural scenery and if we're lucky - a glimpse of Mt Fuji.
Alas! The weather wasnt cooperative and we couldnt take the cruise round Lake Ashi to see Mt Fuiji... :(
My lunch - Tempura rice bowl! Dear said this pic makes my face look very round. Oh! Notice my new short hairstyle? I wanted it to be uneven (one side longer than the other) but then I think the hairstylist didnt make it as obvious as I would like it to be. :p
Dear and his "Char Siew Ramen"
While waiting for the cablecar, we ate ice-creams despite the cold weather. Green Tea & Caramel flavoured! Yummy!
Japanese toy vending machines...hah! The lucky 'Naruto' 闪卡 that I got at my first try. Dear tried 3 times & couldnt get any good/power cards and had wanted me to prove that I bring luck to him. :)
I was a little disappointed with the day trip. Because of the foggy and rainy weather, we didnt manage to see Mt Fuji and much scenery. We waited in hope that the weather would clear up, so the cruise and ropeway could resume service. But in the end, it didnt happen and we didnt have time left to go for a dip in the hot springs, which Hakone is famous for. Such a pity....

No comments: