Saturday, 20 December 2008

Updates on the weather and road conditions

Having cooped up at home for the past few days due to the snow, have made me rather fidgety and I just had to get out of the house. So, I asked dear if we could go for dimsum for Saturday brunch and he gladly agreed. :D

Driving on the road was a little scary and everyone was driving really slowly so the day felt pretty idyllic.... until we got to the supermarket. It was pretty crowded and everyone was buying in BULKS. Stocking up on all the veggies, meat, drinks, bread, biscuits, firewood etc etc. I heard that some supermarkets even ran out of plastic bags!!!

Weather forecast expects a strong windstorm and possible power outage tonight. I'm really praying that the power will be ok.... but we've bought some firewood and stuff for "just in case" situations too.

In the worst scenario, if there's a power outage and our firewood runs out, dear suggests walking to his office, which is nearby, where there's probably backup power, to stay warm. I hope we dont have to resort to this... Anyhow, I'll keep u guys updated on our situation here. :)

Chill! Here's some pictures of the white neighborhood this morning:




22/12 update: We survived the windy and snowy weekend! There wasnt any power outage although the lights did kinda flickered for a few times. We even daringly drove out to attend the Xmas party at dear's boss's place on Sat night in spite of the strong wind. Will post pictures when I've got them! :)

1 comment:

Hollywood Tai Tai said...

omg, that is going to be how it is like when i am there? :p brrrr, i feel cold looking at these pics.