Sunday, 1 March 2009

Super Duper Sumptuous Dinner!

Main course - Parmesan Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts!
Dessert - DIY fruit tarts!

Did I ever tell you that our friend, Sheue Lei is a great cook? :)

She's always cooking fabulous dishes that I had never imagine myself cooking. Like yesterday, we had Salmon Dipped Crackers, Parmesan Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Au Gratin Potatoes and fruit tarts at her place! We're so blessed. :D~

I arrived early before dinner time with the intention to help out. But she impressed me with the spinach stuffing & salmon dip already prepared, au gratin potatoes already baked, and half of the chicken slices already baking in the oven. Sounds easy? Trust me.. it's not.. given that she's cooking for 15 people.

So, all I could help was to wrap the spinach stuffing into the remaining sliced chicken breasts and secured it with part of a satay stick. Then, it was dipped in beaten eggs, rolled in breadcrumbs and sent to the oven to bake for 30mins!

While she was still busy in the kitchen whipping out butter corn and green salad as side dishes, the rest of us had fun making our own desserts - diy fruit tarts with ready made crusts, home-made cream cheese filling and various fruits slices.

It's no surprise that Junyong & I were really really really full by the end of the night. :D

2 comments:

Hollywood Tai Tai said...

wahahaha, there is so much good food around you! this is fast becoming a food blog. not that i mind though. I was telling Kelly I need to get a Singaporean cookbook and learn to cook Singaporean dishes without using Prima Taste Premix.

Junyong and Eve said...

dont really need a cookbook. just search online for whatever you feel like cooking! that's what i do all the time. hehee