Believe or not, I try to draw up a menu every week before I go grocery shopping. Professional housewife, right? haha!
Actually, this is to ensure I dont run into the problem of not knowing what to cook, repeating dishes too often, plus I dont like keeping stuff frozen in the fridge for too long so I like to use up whatever is in the fridge by the end of every week. Most importantly, planning can prevent food wastage.
Cooking for two persons usually result in leftover ingredients which cannot be kept for too long, otherwise they'll spoil easily so I have to plan ahead to fully utilise the ingredients. And I try not to repeat the dishes too often otherwise I'll be sick of it.
Junyong is different from me. He dont need variety. He just wishes that I fry chicken wings for him every meal, and he'll be contented.
Wednesday, 1 April 2009
The hassle of cooking
Posted by
Junyong and Eve
at
9:19 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW v professional! My friends here (e ther wives) draw up their menu a month ahead!!! As for me, I buy whatever fancy my eyes and they often ended up in e freezer up to weeks. =P
a month?? that's a little too much, isnt it? :p
sometimes i buy too much too so following week i'll cut down and use up whatever is in the fridge 1st. :)
Very good wife you are. Did you handmade those Yong Tau Foo? Wah!
it's actually pretty easy. just marinate and stuff minced pork + fish paste inside the stuff you wanna eat, steam, pan fry and voila! :)
Post a Comment