Sunday, 16 August 2009

Day trip to Leavenworth & Ohme Gardens

My birthday is coming! And knowing that I love travelling, dear suggested a day trip to Leavenworth and Wenatchee last weekend. Both of these cities are still in Washington state but about 3 hr's drive away from where we live.

We've been to Leavenworth once last year during Summer too. It's a lovely little place that's modelled like a German town. Kinda more for tourists. But we're in love with an italian restaurant there and we wanted to go there for lunch because the food is simply sumptuous!

Dear ordered the clam linguine in cream sauce!

And I orderd the roasted garlic and sausage pizaa to share! Yummy!

Enjoying the ballet performances on the streets:


After a hearty lunch and a walk around the Bavarian village, we drove to Wenatchee to check out Ohme Gardens.

After spending the whole day out, we drove for 3 hrs on a scenic route back home!

The drive was tiring but I'm glad that we went on the trip. And I certainly hope that we go on such sight-seeing trips more often than just once a year on my birthday... I'm hoping that hubby reads this blog entry. :p

No comments: