Sunday, 19 August 2007

Whale Watching Tour!




Yeah! After much hiccups, dear & I managed to go to the whale watching tour that I was soooo looking forward to.

Initially we didnt know which day to go for the tour coz the weather forecast for this whole week was showers. So, we decided to try our luck to go on 17th Aug (Fri) and booked the trip with a cruise company which set off from Seattle.

2 days after we booked the trip, dear received the 晴天霹雳 news! The boat had broken down and will most likely not be ready until end of the month! Argh! I didnt want to wait until then otherwise it wouldnt seem like a birthday trip anymore..So, I decided to try going with this company called Island Adventures.

The thing was this company set off from Anacortes, a city which was about 80miles ( = 129km) away from where we lived! That means I had to drive continuously for about 1hr 40mins to reach there (and another 100mins back home too). This was a BIG challenge!

To make it worse, we wanted to go for the 9am tour, and we need to reach there an hour earlier to check in. So we had to set off from home at 6am!!!

Anyway, I'm glad we went. We saw 5 orca whales (including a baby!) swimming together off the coast of Vancouver Island! (Yeh, we travelled as far as to Canadian waters. Though, technically, dear and I arent allowed to travel out of country for now :P)

Lucky us! We had a good closeup when they swam past really near to our boat. Plus, it didnt rained. So we had a really nice time :)

No comments: