Monday, 10 December 2007

Koi Japanese Restaurant


Miso soup & salad. Ultra big bowl of Sukiyaki!


Sukiyaki, Chicken Karaage & Agedashi Tofu. Dear's Unagi-Donburi


I suggested dining out on Friday night coz dear had received some form of recognition from his bosses and I thought we should celebrate it. :)

Dear always let me decide what I want to eat, which is of course very nice of him... but puts me in a dilemma of having to think of somewhere not too costly and we'll both enjoy the food. After surfing the net, I decided on trying out this Koi Japanese Restaurant.

The restaurant consists of a dining section and a lounge, where there will be occasional live music and Karaoke. We were seated right beside the indoor koi pond with the mini waterfalls, which was really nice. Service was good and prompt plus the ambience was pretty soothing too.

Initially, we were afraid that the live music and Karaoke from the lounge would be rather noisy but maybe because we were early at 6pm, there wasnt much activity going on yet.

We ordered 2 appetizers - Agedashi Tofu & Chicken Karaage. And dear had the Unagi-Donburi while I tried the Sukiyaki. We were absolutely bloated after finishing almost all the food!

Overall, the food was pretty good. The Unagi-Donburi came in a very big portion and dear had difficulty finishing the rice. My Sukiyaki was a lil' too sweet but the Agedashi Tofu & Chicken Karaage were crispy and yummy!

I think we'll go back again in future. :)

No comments: