I think back in Singapore, I usually only eat pomelo when the mooncake festival is nearing. It seems that we need to pray or do something with the pomelo so mum & dad had to buy it. It was more of like a seasonal fruit to me then. Over here, it doesnt really matter whether it's the festival or not, we just buy the fruits/foodstuff as and when we see them or feel like eating them.
Mmm... actually last time I dont even make sure I eat fruits on a daily basis. It's more of mum & dad cutting the fruits up and placing them in front of me. haha! Those were the pampered days....
Nowadays, I'm the one who buy the fruits, wash & cut them up to make sure hubby & I eat them on a daily basis. And I'm the type who like variety. Dont want to keep eating the same type of fruit every week so I'll look out for different types of fruits when I go grocery shopping every week.
Other than the usual apples, oranges, pears, bananas, grapes to the exotic fruits like persimmons which my husband dislikes, I've recently bought the pomelo when I saw it was selling for only $1.99. Actually i's not the 1st time I've bought pomelo over here but didnt post it in blog coz it wasnt anything interesting. But this time, I was surprised coz it's actually with "red meat"!
I've always eaten pomelos with the light yellow pulp but never the ones with red pulps. I dont even know how to tell from the outer skin. So I was pleasantly surprised to find the different coloured pulps after peeling the thick skin away.
The colour reminds me a grapefruit. :)
Saturday, 22 December 2007
Red Meat Pomelo
Posted by
Junyong and Eve
at
9:54 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment