I love spicy food! Curry, laksa, mee siam, mee rebus, Otak, satay with spicy peanut sauce! Oooooooh! *slurps*
So, armed with fish paste, sambal chilli, lime juice, coconut milk, cornstarch, egg and sugar, I decided to try baking a simplified Otak-Otak, minus the banana leaf.
I know without the banana leaf, it would make a big difference to the aromatic taste of Otak-otak, but I'm just an amateur. I'm not intending to open a stall to sell dozens and dozens of Otak-otak... so I thought nevermind lah....dont be so particular huh. :p
Verdict:
It tasted so-so. Maybe a 6 out of 10. I think the sambal chilli is not the correct 1 so the spicy taste was not what I had in mind for Otak-Otak. And it was a little wet after baking, maybe should bake for a longer time, maybe should have added a little more cornstarch. Not really sure what went wrong.
If only, to save all the trouble, I can just go out and buy dozens of them priced at 5 for $2. :/
One thing for sure, I'm convinced that without the banana leaf, it just doesnt smell nor taste as satisfying. :p
Monday, 17 December 2007
Simplified Otak-Otak
Posted by
Junyong and Eve
at
1:09 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment