Monday, 17 December 2007

The squishy...squashy....soggy... food




I knew that my husband doesnt like certain food, especially those with a squishy... squashy... soggy... texture to it.

General examples are lady's finger, eggplant (brinjal ) and tomato. They give him the goose pimples.

But, what I didnt know was persimmon is also one of his labelled squishy... squashy... soggy... food!

So when I happened to see the persimmons displayed at the Asian Food Center, I unknowingly bought 4 of them, cut them up and placed one piece into his mouth while his eyes were fixed on the computer screen.

(Do not be mistaken. I'm wasnt being lovey-dovey. It was just that he was playing WOW and if I dont feed him, he will never touch the fruits.)

His first reaction: "What is that???"

Me: "Persimmon."

Him: "Eeeks!" and shows a disgusted face.

Huh..... another item permanently checked off my grocery list.

No comments: