Saturday, 25 July 2009

Go fly kite lah!

Literally...

One of the activities that I've planned to do for this Summer is Kite-flying!

Honestly, the last memory of me flying kite was when I was in primary school. Yeah.. that long ago. I remember that my elder sis and I went to the field just beside our house in Yishun and we tried to get our kites up. Did we succeed in flying it up high? Can't remember already.. hehee

I asked Junyong when was the last time he flew a kite and it was the same as me - when he was still a child. But his "kite" was not even "a kite". He told me that he just tied strings to plastic bags and tried to fly them. :p

Anyway, so I decided that we should go fly kites. But since I didnt know where we could buy kites here in Seattle, I decided to just get some very basic kites off my current favorite shopping site - Ebay. :)

I was so looking forward to receiving our set of 4 cute kites. And they arrived right on time today - on a Sunny Saturday! Off we went to Marymoor Park which is just 5 mins drive away from our house. Family of three -Kevin, Linda & Curtis also joined us. :)

It was a little difficult at first because the wind wasn't consistently blowing. It was just gusts of wind every now and then. But after some time, we caught the wind (or maybe we got the hang of kite-flying?) and managed to fly our kites high up!

Well.. not exactly "very high" because these are basic beginner kites so the strings weren't that long but it was good enough and we had lots of fun! I'm hoping the weather continues to stay clear for the next few months and we could go kite-flying every so often before Summer ends. :D

No comments: