Thursday, 9 July 2009

Independence Day @ San Juan Island

Although there are no pictures, Junyong and I really went to San Juan Island on 4th of July, last Saturday.

We woke up bright and early (actually about 8am+ lah) and set off for a 100mins drive to Anarcotes to take the one-hour ferry across to San Juan Island. I was so looking forward it until while queueing up to board the ferry, I searched for my camera and couldn't find it. I was so upset... and really worried that I might have dropped it somewhere again at the carpark (there was this incident when I accidentally dropped it when we were vacationing in LA.. luckily a passerby pointed it out to us.. I could have lost all my vacation pictures! I know.. I'm becoming so muddle-headed.. )

Junyong wanted to trace back our steps to the carpark to look for it but I didn't want to because we would have missed the ferry. And if in the end, we couldn't find the camera, our day would be ruined entirely. So, I decided to just try and enjoy the day at San Juan Island, without a camera.

When we arrived at noon, we walked around the town center a little bit and had extra crispy Fish & Chips for lunch. Then we took the transit to the Lavender Farm. It was a nice sight with the purple blooms although the farm was much smaller than I imagined. We sat around and had Lavender-Vanilla Ice-cream at the picnic bench. Nope, it's not purple colour. Looked more like just plain vanilla ice-cream but had some bits of lavender here and there. It tasted a little weird at first. Not one's favorite but edible. :)

We went on to the Lim Kilm State Park, also fondly know as Whale Watch Park. Yes! As the name suggests, it's a place whereby you can watch whales.. :p

Remember 2 years ago, Junyong brought me on a whale-watching cruise for my birthday? It's in the same area. Except this time, we're trying to see the whales from land. We sat around for 1.5hrs, and just chit-chatted while hoping we can spot the whales swimming pass. We weren't so lucky that day...

After spending the whole afternoon at San Juan, we took the ferry back to Anarcotes and drove 100mins back home. On the way home, it was 10pm and we saw fireworks everywhere. It was really spectacular! Imagine, driving on the highway for an hour and just seeing fireworks on both sides of the highway through out the journey. Very nice!

And yes, I found my camera lying on the bedroom floor when we got home... Guess I must have wanted to pack it inside my bag the night before, but somehow got distracted with something and left it sitting there instead. :x

Junyong promised me that he'll bring me to San Juan again so I could take pictures of the place. But he said that will be next year's 4th July... -_-

No comments: