
Do you know what is an "Offbeat Bride'?
I didnt know... until I found this wonderful Offbeat Bride website by chance.
Basically, I think... an Offbeat Bride is an independent-minded bride who doesnt conform to the usual wedding traditions & practice. Be it the planning, the details or the ceremony itself. It means being unique!
I think I am an Offbeat Bride. Or at least trying to be. haha!
First of all, I'm planning the wedding from overseas. How offbeat is that?!? keke
And.... we didnt sign up for any bridal package! (which is uncommon for a sg bride I think?) That means I have to source for my wedding gowns, photographer, videographer, makeup artist, car rental & decor separately.
I also have to plan all the A to Z details of my photoshoot. From photoshoot locations, to sourcing, contacting, selecting & communicating to the photographer my ideas, search of the makeup artist & hairstylist to all other small details.
Totally different from Sg brides who get to enjoy the convenience of just signing up an 'include-it-all-wedding-package'.
But I'm happy to say that we're lucky because we'll get to do a photoshoot with unique scenery. Of coz... this also come with the uncertainty of doing something that the brides here dont do so the photographer isnt actually experienced in this area. (they usually just do the Actual Day Wedding shoot) So... I'll need to pray hard the photoshoot will go well as planned... and the photos will turn out beautiful...
Btw, I've also learnt about some unique stuff & details from American weddings and is hoping to infuse some of them into my wedding. Whatever they are, I'm not telling. :)
So..... am I an Offbeat Bride or not? :p
Sunday, 16 March 2008
Offbeat Bride?
Posted by
Junyong and Eve
at
11:05 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment