Tuesday, 11 September 2007

Food! Glorious Food!


Ok. I know this is becoming more like a food blog. It's my fault. I keep posting pictures of dishes that I've cooked. But... I cant help it!

I miss Singapore's food too much that I try to re-create them over here and force my husband, housemates & friends to try them.

Did I mentioned I also cooked the Emperor's Herbal Chicken the other day? I forgot to take a picture though. Will do so the next time.

So... on Sunday, I cooked Kway Chap-wannabe. "Wannabe" coz I re-created it such that I wanted it to be Kway Chap but it was without the pig innards, which, of course, defeats the ultimate purpose of cooking & eating Kway Chap, without the pig innards.

Firstly, its because I have difficulty finding them over here. Secondly, I didnt know how to clean them anyway. So, I prepared braised pork, eggs, tau-kee & tau-pok to go along instead.

They hardly match up to the Kway Chap we have in Singapore hawker centers. But, they're a consolation.

(To me, at least).

By the way, I'll be trying to cook Hor-Fun tomorrow. :D

No comments: