I dont know how to put it... but...
Our toilet tank cracked.
Yes. It simply CRACKED! Dont ask me whys and how's. I have no idea!
It was 7am. Dear had gone to work earlier and I was back to sleep when I heard a loud thud and sound of water flowing.
My first thought was dear must have forgotten to turn the shower tap tight.
I opened the bathroom's door and got the shock of my life!
There was a long crack on the toilet tank and water was spurting out!!! I didnt know what to do?!!??!
I rushed to Jingying & Derrick's (my housemates) room and knocked frantically. Derrick came to my rescue by turning off the water supply underneath the toilet tank and I placed a pail to try to catch the remaining water. Though, by that time, the floor was already flooded.
Thanks to Derrick and Jingying's help, we manage to salvage the situation & mop up most of the water within a while.
The water on the floor was freaking cold and my feet felt a lil' numb just standing in them. I noticed some condensation on the tank's surface and wondered if the tank had cracked because of the freaking coldness. Will check with the maintenance guy when he comes by to fix it later.
Anyway, in case you 're a home-repair-idiot (like me), at least now we've learnt to turn off the water supply when such disaster strikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment