Thursday, 29 November 2007

My style of Tod Mun




After making Yong Tau Foo and Ngor Hiang (repeated dish so didnt post), I still had half tub of fish paste leftover. Fish spoils easily and I worry that I cannot keep it for too long so I decided to try making Tod Mun!

Tod Mun are actually Thai fish cakes that are found on the streets of Thailand and eaten as a snack or appetizer. I first tried it when I went to Bangkok a few years back and liked it very much! Spicy and crispy! slurpsss~

As usual, I googled "Tod Mun recipe" and found it here. It's pretty easy but I substituted the red curry paste with sambal chilli paste, omitted the lime leaves but added a few drops of lime juice plus chopped scallion & carrots. I also turned them over in a little flour & breadcrumbs in hope that they will turn out crispier.

Voilà! My style of Tod Mun! hehee

It's a little too salty. Maybe because the sambal chilli is already flavoured & salty enough so I shouldnt have added more salt.

And in case, you're wondering why I used so much oil to deep-fry when I should have just pan-fried them. It's actually left over oil from deep-frying curry puffs before that. 一物二用.

Dear had cravings for curry puffs again. :)

So sinful... must stop cooking & eating deep-fried stuff for now...

No comments: