The other day I was reading Dorothy's (a friend over here) blog and she mentioned she has cravings for yong tau foo. So I asked dear what 料 does he usually choose when he eats yong tau foo.
And he said....... "Fishballs, fishcake, fishballs, fishcake and.... Siew Mai!"
For a moment, I thought he was talking about fishball noodle... But NO! He was thinking of yong tau foo...
And did you notice the odd one out? Ya... siew mai. Who on earth sell/eat siew mai with yong tau foo 1??? Am I the only one out-of-touch with Singapore food?
He retorted "Who say dont have? Yong tau foo stalls got sell siew mai 1 hor...."
Er.... is that so? Hmmm... dun recall leh. I thought siew mai is from dim sum stalls? Mmmmm.....
Anyway, so I decided to cook both. Yes. Both yong tau foo and siew mai. BUT, on 2 different occasions. I cannot imagine myself eating both at the same time.
Dear was nice enough to help me wrap the siew mai. But he lauged at me saying those that I wrapped are very ugly and his are very nice. -_-
I call them "Siew Mai Surprise". In short "SMS" :p
By the way, instead of the usual coloured dot on top (which I think is salted egg yolk), I added a drop of ketchup on all! Wahahaha!
Will try making yong tau foo sometime next week for dinner. Stay tuned!
Thursday, 22 November 2007
Siew Mai Surprise!
Posted by
Junyong and Eve
at
11:15 am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Zhihao: Seriously, I have never seen Siew Mai being sold @ Yong Tau Foo store. :P
"Aiya... you all hor... sua gu leh" - Junyong
Post a Comment