Thursday, 10 January 2008

Very oily! Very sinful!



If I'm not wrong, the 1st reaction that I get from family & friends who see this pot of braised pork belly & mushrooms would be - so oily! so sinful! :p

Yes. It is indeeed very very very oily and very very sinful coz of the oil & fatty meat from the pork.. The picture was taken before I actually manage to scope out almost half a cup of oil before serving it for dinner yesterday. Eeeeww....

But it really tastes good with just plain white rice. Dear likes it very much. :)

Occasional indulgence shld be ok right? *self-denial*

Anyway, dont worry about us! We have just gotten a secret weapon to combat all these sinful meals that I've been cooking. Will post about it soon. ^-^

2 comments:

Hollywood Tai Tai said...

i just made this last week. used lean pork instead and lots of dark soy sauce. in the end too salty. :p

Junyong and Eve said...

I would also use ginger and some sugar to lessen the saltiness. :)

Hmm... I havent been cooking it since then. maybe I should cook it tonight! lol