Thursday, 24 January 2008

Yakitori Chicken Meatballs


I found this website, Rasa Malaysia, sometime ago and it's one of the food blog that I love to check out to get inspirations & recipes when I'm out of ideas on what to cook.

I can finally understand my mum's headache. She used to have to ask us what we want to eat for dinner every now and then coz she ran out of ideas. This is understandable given that she has been cooking meals for the family for almost 30years.

For me? It's completely forgivable since I'm just an amateur housewife who has no prior cooking experience. Unless you take into account cooking maggie & the home-econs lessons I took in secondary school. kekeke

Anyway, this time I decided to make Yakitori again, but instead of chicken thigh, I used minced chicken to make meatballs! A recipe that I found on the Rasa Malaysia website. It tasted pretty ok. But I still think ToriQ in Singapore taste so much juicier & better. I think it's the trick of them constantly dipping the chicken into the sauce while grilling at the same time.

For me, we dont have a proper grill at home for now. So it's just the oven 'broil" function and me having to manually put in,take out,put in, take out to turn them & spread the sauce on the chicken...... That's why I wont be cooking it often. Too troublesome. :p

No comments: