Monday, 30 June 2008

Non-Claypot Fish head


I miss all kinds of food back home, and is always trying to see if I could recreate them over here. Even though, most of the time they do not taste exactly the same, it's still a comfort..

So, when I saw cleaned fishhead for sale at the asian supermarket last weekend, I decided to try cooking "Claypot Fish head"! Even though I dont have a claypot at home. :p

This is probably my family's favourite "outside' dish and we would always find time to have it at a "煮炒" stall at a coffeeshop in Chong Pang. Miss the food and the family time. :)

Other than fishhead, I also put carrots, scallops and egg tofu in. And when dear came home and asked "what's for dinner?" I laughingly said "Claypot fish head without claypot". He took a look and exclaimed "Claypot fish head where got carrots one?!" -_-"

Who say dont have! I clearly remember there's always snow peas, some carrots and white cabbage inside. He insisted the version he ate dont have. But I think he's just having selective memory or have been "fishing" for all other ingredients within the dish, as long as it's not vegetables. :/

Hmm... from the picture, it may seem unappetizing but it's actually not too bad. Ofcoz, the one at Chong Pang city still taste the best. :D

No comments: